Monday, November 07, 2005

Life: According To My Hair

The various states of disarray my hair takes on at the end of the day is usually the barometer for my emotional state at that time. Right now, my hair looks like someone ignited it with a torch and then hastily put it out with a large blanket, leaving a mass of smoking charred frizz in its wake. Imagine how dandy I must be feeling inside.

I know I'm just into the fourth day of my job, but I'm already feeling the crunch. I've even gotten into the habit of talking to myself in just a span of one week! "Podi, shut yer yap and be patient," or "Podi, try not to compare this job with your previous job," or "Podi, you can't please everyone," or "Podi, YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN!"

It doesn't help that management expects a lot, and by a lot I mean a LOT of hours overtime, being part of the pioneer batch. A chunk of the client's decision to remain doing business with the company is dependent on our performance. Bottomline: I can't slack, and I can't stress out. Not now.

That's why tomorrow, I have decided less shampoo, more conditioner. And possibly hair wax.