Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Dream of the End of the World

I dreamed of the end of the world.  A planetoid, or a planetoid-like object came hurtling down from the sky.  It landed far from where I was standing, which was in front of our house, but everyone in the neighborhood saw it.  At first there was wonderment, and then, realizing that it wasn't just a harmless heavenly phenomenon like Halley's Comet or the Aurora Borealis--that it was, in fact, a sign of the end times--wonderment instantly became panic.

We felt it connect with the ground.  It sounded like the Earth was yawning, like it was waking up from a very long slumber.  Sound eventually became light.  From the horizon, whiteness sped and spread towards our little neighborhood, a celestial blanket.  My heart was beating fast.  I could hear everyone running, although to where or towards what, I do not know.  For my part, I wanted to welcome the light.  Finally, finally, the end.  I spread my arms wide.

But the light stopped when it was right in front of my face, and I did not die, and it wasn't the end.