For my own good, I've decided to stop playing Dofus. I was getting too obsessed and I end up getting stressed out whenever I play it. Even interacting with the characters is getting to me.
Aside from the occasional inane -- I mean -- in-game crushes (!!!), I've managed to make friends with a couple of people. One from Singapore, and one from Europe. The person from Singapore is extremely nice. Problem was, s/he didn't like my other friend and they end up bickering whenever we go out to hunt. It was really too much for an online game, and I JUST WANT TO LEVEL UP, GODDAMNIT, I'M THIS CLOSE TO USING MY DARK RAY ON BOTH OF YOU AND REDUCING YOU TO TEMPORAL DUST SO SHUT UP AND LET ME KILL THIS GOBBALL ALREADY!
Well anyway I've made up my mind. Besides, the game won't even be released in the Philippines once it finishes open beta at the end of August. No sense making a career out of it.
What else. Ah, a friend dropped by last night to talk about the latest heartache. Sadly, this one was my fault since I set the both of them up. But I made a promise that I'd take care of either of them, whatever the outcome.
I don't know if I should be surprised it didn't end up too well. They were too alike in one level, and too different in another. Very extreme. It doesn't make for a great match, apparently.
My own love life? Hmm. Recently I realized it really doesn't take too much to make me happy. Seriously. As we say it here, mababaw lang pala ang kaligayahan ko. And it's very liberating. I don't have to think about it too much anymore, and as a matter of fact, I don't.
It helps me focus on other things now. Like looking for other games to obsess on.