Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Iisang Hibla

I was doing a little spring cleaning and I came across this image I've made a couple years back:


The words say, "bakit ako nalulungkot // sa tuwing nalulungkot ka // marahil ang kaluluwa ko // at kaluluwa mo // hiwalay man // ang katawang nasalinan // ay yari sa iisang hibla"

Sigh. At what point in my life did I stop being romantic? "Hopelessly hopeful," I used to call myself. I still am, I suppose, but it's not as apparent now as before. Now, life has become all about how much I should be spending daily, what I should be eating for lunch, how do I do my work in the simplest, most effective way possible... ordinary things ordinary people concern themselves with. To think I used to sneer at the boring, normal crowd. Now I've become one of the sheep in the herd.

I miss the old me. I miss the long walks, the loving-like-trainwrecks-and-forest-fires life. I miss living my days in technicolor. Live fast, love hard, leave a beautiful corpse, and all that jazz.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful though. I'm fine where I'm at now. I have lovely, lovely friends, things at home have been peaceful, and I don't have anything to complain about career-wise. It's just that... well... not to tempt fate, but... it's about damn time something happens.

Ah, well. One day at a time, Podi. One day at a time. :-)