Monday, June 18, 2007

A Diary-Like Sunday Entry

Was finally able to watch Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer yesterday with Eddie. I loved how the plot was simple and contained enough moments to make people laugh or watch in rapt attention without making the rest of the story feel too muffled, artificial, or contrived. It wasn't as emotionally heavy as X-Men: The Last Stand -- which I loved, by the way -- but it had that classic, feel-good-super-hero-movie charm that left me smiling as I was exiting the theater. The first Fantastic Four movie left the same impression on me, but this one was better.

Anyway, after the movie, we decided to take a look at the new Ayala Mall, TriNoma. It was HUGE. Or rather, it FELT huge. It had many twists and turns, and it looked extremely asymmetrical from the inside, I almost thought having it stand there was an architectural impossibility. But yes, it did exist, and yes, we were already walking inside it, and HOLY CRAP DID THAT FOUNTAIN JUST SPURT FROM DOWNSTAIRS?!

OK, OK, I'm an easy audience, I get impressed by even the slightest show of ingenuity, albeit most parts of the mall have not opened yet. But really, the gardens and the fountains, and the overall look of the place are very, very pretty. I'm sure when everything is finished and the whole mall becomes bright and sparkly, the destination will be well worth the long trip from Makati to Quezon City.

Of course, the whole day would not have been as enjoyable had I not been with Eddie. :-)