Sunday, February 24, 2008

Onward and Upward

I feel better. Which is not to say I feel absolutely wonderful... nor is it an epiphanous kind of better, it's just... better. Like, finally, I'm not sick anymore. Not totally un-sick as I still have the sniffles, but at least it isn't like the past few days where I ask -- nay -- plead with the cosmic powers to just be done with it and end my misery with a bullet in the head instead of torturing me with hot, hot fever that can't make up it's mind if it wants to stay in my body or not.

Finally, too, I was able to get much needed hours and hours of sleep. Yes, I did get home 11:00 AM Saturday from a breakfast date with the whole team -- an activity which never fails to get me energized for its symbolic way of kicking off the weekend. This time, however, it finally got me recognizing the fact that I was, indeed, exhausted, and both my mind and body made a symbiotic pact to not wake my systems up until they are fully rested and completely free from the month's build-up of physical and emotional fatigue. For that reason, I woke up about 2:00 AM Sunday, muscles on my back feeling like a 16-year old's, and the dust in my mind settling peacefully like a soft blanket on a warm, weekday morning. And yes, for that, I felt better.

And finally, I think the recent series of unfortunate events are mellowing to a close... for now. It's been a tough month, to say the least, and I've made some decisions and said some things that might have been dealt with in a better way, but... I'm not regretting anything. Seriously. Forget regret and all that jazz, right? Right.

So I'm opening new doors, and locking up old ones. I'll be keeping the keys close by, just in case. Right now though, onward and upward, rock star.