Thursday, September 22, 2005

Don't Try To Follow Me

It's strange when people say they had weird dreams. I always thought dreams are basically weird already, so saying one had "weird dreams" would be a tad redundant right?

Nevertheless, I had a weird dream. Freud said that everything in our dreams are, in its core, just aspects of ourselves. But the weird thing in my dream is, I know that one person in my dream is from a totally different will altogether. I strongly feel that he does not originate from my mind at all, and might actually be from another (un)consciousness entirely.

I was in my highschool uniform, and I was on a jeepney ride home from school. Beside me was another student, maybe a batch or two lower than me. Hair almost shaved, skin pasty white, reasonably attractive. I wasn't paying him any mind at all. As a matter of fact, I was so taken in by the scenery rushing before me that I was oblivious to everything else.

A few moments minus eternity, he signaled for the driver to stop. And while the jeepney was slowing to a halt, he quite forcibly nudged my left leg with his right and looked at me square in the eye. "Don't try to follow me," he said, and then he got down.

My breath got caught in a sharp intake of air and I woke up. "That wasn't me," I thought. I was shivering scared and witless, the eerie feeling clinging in my mind like somebody invaded my dreams. Up to now, I still can't get that image out of my head.