Whenever it rains real hard where I am, our house never fails to let us know about it. We hear the rain pelting down on the roof like the end of the world is just mere seconds away. I don't know the architectural explanation of it, but the sound is always especially loud and eerie in the bathroom.
So there I was, having my evening bath and trying hard not to mind the rain even if it was creeping me out a bit. Just imagine, I've lived in this house all my life but I still get scared. Either I'm really just a mass of nerves or the house is utterly scary.
Anyway, so I was taking a bath. I bent down to lather soap on my legs, but the moment I did, out of nowhere, I saw what seemed like black hands with long claws hovering in front of my face. I have no idea how in a single breath, one manages to gasp and to curse in crisp, solid Tagalog at the same time but in that moment of sheer panic, I was able to do it.
I whipped around in a split second frenzy to face my assailant, only, there was nothing but my reflection on the mirror -- pale and eerie. And the dawning, embarrassing realization that the hands were, actually, just a few stray strands of my limp, long, wet, and wavy hair.
I swear, I need a rebond.